Sunday, November 3, 2013

Canon EOS 70D SLR Review for Amateur Photographers

Changing the way users capture still images and video with a DSLR camera, Canon proudly introduces the EOS 70D – a trailblazing powerhouse featuring a revolutionary autofocus technology that unlocks the potential of Live View: Dual Pixel CMOS AF. 



I just received my new CANON 70D a week ago. I have been reading every review that has come available on the Internet and also You-tube. I have also talked to a few Professionals who use CANON equipment to get their view. I will not bore you with all of my talk, but I will give you some things that I have found out since receiving my unit.
AUTO FOCUS
This is a huge jump from my 60D. It has the 7D - 19 point AF and all cross point. It makes for a fast AF and cleaner photo's. I am amazed at how many more AF points lock onto a subject when using the auto focus sequence.

DUAL PIXEL, LIVE VIEW
I would think these go hand in hand, and they work quickly and well. The camera is quick to focus, acquires moving subjects and allows for great photo's. Very impressive upgrade from the LIVE VIEW on my 60D.

VIDEO
I shot a video today while at the zoo and the clarity was excellent, so was the color saturation. Full HD is by default and it is excellent for what I will use it for when traveling. I also was not using one of the new STM lenses and when zooming in and out, there wasn't any noise on the video. I was not using an external mic.

I have tried all of the scene modes and found them to be a good selection. I like the HDR mode and also the multiple photo mode, something I guess people have been interested in seeing from CANON. I have been very impressed with the camera. It is a good upgrade from the 60D, it has much more to offer and the higher PIXEL Count shows up in the photo's, as does the increased FPM. 7 FPM seems so much faster than the 5.3 of the 60D.
I have already recommended this to a couple of my friends who are looking into upgrading their equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment